The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet LAN value switch family offers versatile, 24/48-port xed con guration switches with optional upgrade paths for 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) stacking, 10 GigE uplinks and metro Ethernet services.
Promoting a design optimized for exibility, scalability, and low power consumption, the OmniSwitch 6450 is an outstanding edge solution. It uses the eld-proven Alcatel-Lucent Operating System (AOS) to deliver highly available, secure, self-protective, easily managed and eco-friendly networks.
The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6450 family is embedded with the latest technology innovations and offers maximum investment protection.
The following types of deployments bene t from the OmniSwitch 6450 family: • Edge of small-to-mid-sized networks
- Branch of ce enterprise and campus workgroups
- Residential and commercially managed service applications • Service provider network deployments
- Meets all customer con guration needs and offers excellent investment protection and exibility with easy deployment, operation, and maintenance
- Provides outstanding performance when supporting real-time voice, data, and video applications for converged scalable networks
- Ensures ef cient power management, reduces operating expenses (OPEX) and lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) through low power consumption and dynamic PoE allocation, which delivers only the power needed by the attached device
- Field-upgradeable solution makes the network highly available and reduces OPEX
- Fully secures the network at the edge at no additional cost
- Enterprise-wide cost reduction through hardware consolidation to achieve network segmentation and security without additional hardware installation
- Supports cost-effective installation and deployment with automated switch setup and con guration and end-to-end virtual LAN (VLAN) provisioning
- Simplifies metro Ethernet network OA&M for service providers