The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6860 Stackable LAN Switches (SLS) are compact, high-density Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) and 10 GigE platforms designed for the most demanding converged networks.
In addition to high performance and availability, the OmniSwitch 6860 offers enhanced quality of service (QoS), user authentication, deep packet inspection (DPI) and comprehensive security features to secure the network edge while accommodating user and device mobility with a high degree of integration between the wired and wireless LAN. The enhanced models of the OmniSwitch 6860 family also supports emerging services such as application fingerprinting for network analytics and up to 60 watts of Power over Ethernet (PoE) per port, making it ready to meet the evolving business needs of enterprise networks.
These versatile LAN switches can be positioned:
• At the edge of mid- to large-sizedconverged enterprise networks
• At the aggregation layer
• In a small enterprise network core
• In the data center for GigE server connectivity and SDN applications
- Versatile features and models offering high-density Gigabit and 10 Gigabit interfaces
- Up to eight switches can be connected using Virtual Chassis technology to create a single chassis-like entity with up to 32 10 Gigabit uplinks and 384 Gigabit ports
- Internal, hot-swappable power supplies, front-to-back cooling providing the lowest power consumption in its class
- AdvancedfunctionsintegraloftheAOS:qualityof service (QoS), access control lists (ACLs), Layer-2/Layer-3 switching, Virtual LAN (VLAN) stacking and IPv6.
- IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at compliant PoE of 30 W per port on all ports
- Support of high PoE (up tp 60 W per port) on some ports
- With the variety of interfaces and models, the OmniSwitch 6860 family meets any customer con guration need and offers excellent investment protection and exibility.
- The OmniSwitch 6860 Virtual Chassis increases system redundancy, resiliency and high availability while simplifying deployment, operations and management of the network.
- Ensures ef cient power management, thereby reducing operating expenses and lowering total cost of ownership.
- With its advanced PoE capabilities and high density of PoE ports, the OmniSwitch 6860 is ideal for converged campus deployments by offering deployment exibility, simplifying the wiring and reducing the time to deploy edge devices such as VoIP phones, surveillance cameras, 802.11ac access points and emerging devices that require higher than 30 W, such as a thin virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) client, small cells, or even a small network switch.
- Using the embedded DPI technology, allows OS6860 Application monitoring to discover of up to 2000 business or personal applications owing through the network and apply QoS policy enforcement and prioritization for the discovered applications. This type of visibility can be used to optimize the performance of the network as well as apply adequate control.